TRAINING PROGRAMS 2017
|Sept 2 (Sat)or Wed Sept 6
||SIMPLIFIED FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR SMES||0930-1200
|Sept 9 (Sat)||HOW TO START A BUSINESS IN ZIMBABWE||0930-1200|
|Sept 13 (Wed)||HOW TO START A BUSINESS IN ZIMBABWE||1400-1630|
|Sept 14 (Thur)||BUSINESS PLAN WRITING CLASS||1400-1630|
|Sept 16 (Sat)||BUSINESS PLAN WRITING CLASS||0930-1200|
|Sept 21 (Thurs)||GUIDE TO TAXES FOR SMES||1400-1630|
|Sept 23 (Sat)||GUIDE TO TAXES FOR SMES||0930-1200|
|Sept 27 (Wed)||BRILLIANT MARKETING & SALES PART 1||1400-1630|
|Sept 30 (Sat)||BRILLIANT MARKETING & SALES PART 1||0930-1200|
Scroll down for full details of each course
Course fees: $35 per session (Covers course, handouts, teas and snacks)
Venue: Admiral Business Systems offices, Suite 308, 3rd Floor Merchant House, Cnr 2nd Street /Robson Manyika, Harare
NOTE: $10 discount if you pay 2 days before the course, limited to first 4 people for each course.
To book: call 0777 774 007 or email email@example.com, or come to our offices.
BUSINESS PLAN WRITING CLASS
This course is for people who want to master the art of writing a professional business plan, whether they are already in business or planning to start.
A business plan is essential in the following aspects:
- Setting direction for your business
- Planning for growth, new product launch, new markets
- Seeking finance from banks, youth fund etc.
- Seeking investors, local or foreign.
- Seeking business partners, such as suppliers, distributors, outsourcing etc.
At the end of this two-hour course, you will know exactly what to include in your business plan, how to lay it out to attract the attention of your audience. We will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to business plans and their various forms
- Creative ideas for raising money for your business
- How to create a powerful executive summary
- Understanding your business model
- Clearly defining your market
- Strategies for winning in a crowded market
- How to use our templates to simplify the business plan writing process
Section 1- 60 minutes
- Types of Business Plans and their uses
- Business plan layout
- Executive summary
- Introducing the business and its management
- Products and services
Section 2- 60 minutes
- Define your market
- Developing a marketing plan
- Production strategies and structures
- The financial plan
- Bringing it all together
- Course summary
- Layout / template
- Financial plan template
- Samples and templates (Software)
REMEMBER, FAILING TO PLAN IS PLANNING TO FAIL
SIMPLIFIED FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR SMES
Module 1) Why keep records.
- (Companies Act, Zimra, Own information)
- Why you need a regular financial report.
- Why you should hire a book keeper or an accountant.
Module 2) Types of records to keep and for what purpose.
- Capital purchases
Module 3) Developing a manual record keeping system
- Ledgers –old system (for each type of account)
- Simple system for SMEs: cash book, debtors, creditors, sales, purchases, expenses, payroll
- Trial balance
Module 4) Developing an electronic record keeping system
- Using excel
- Free book keeping software available
- Commercial book keeping software available (Pastel, QuickBooks)
Module 5) Understanding Financial reports
- The International Financial Reporting Standards
- Statement of Profit or Loss and other Comprehensive Income
- Statement of Financial Position
- Statement of Cash Flows
- Statement of Changes in Equity
- What it all means
HOW TO START A BUSINESS IN ZIMBABWE
Module 1) Why start your own business?
- The difference between a business and a subsistence activity.
- The richest game in the world.
Module 2) Are you an entrepreneur?
- What is an entrepreneur?
- The characteristics of entrepreneurs.
- How you can be an entrepreneur.
Module 3) Starting up
- How to get business ideas
- How to evaluate the viability of a business idea
- What is your plan?
- How to finance your business
- How to write a winning business proposal
Module 4) Choosing the right type of business entity
- Sole proprietorship
- Private limited company
- Private business corporation
Module 5) Compliance issues
- Local regulations and bye-laws
- Zimra compliance
- NSSA compliance
- Health licences
GUIDE TO TAXES FOR SMES
Module 1) Introduction to the Zimbabwe tax system
- Why pay taxes
- Types of taxes and who pays them
- How the taxes are paid and when
Module 2) The e-filing system
- Registering for taxes before the e-filing system
- How the e-filing system works
- How to register on the e-filing system
- How to submit tax returns online
Module 3) Taxes common to SMEs
- Pay As You Earn, calculation and how it is paid
- Income tax, calculation and how it is paid
- Penalties for late and non-payment of tax or late / non-submission of returns
Module 4) The mechanics of VAT
- Who is eligible to register for VAT
- Benefits of registering for VAT
- How to register for VAT
- Tax invoices
- Preparation of VAT returns
Module 5) Capital allowances and tax incentives available from Government
- What are capital allowances and how are they calculated?
- Election of capital allowances
- Use of capital allowances in tax planning
- Incentives available to SMES
Module 6) Understanding tax clearance certificates and withholding tax
- Withholding when supplier has no tax clearance certificate
- Withholding on VAT
- Benefits of tax compliance
About The Facilitators
- Starting new Businesses
- Business Planning
- Marketing Planning and Strategies
- Financial Systems Development
- Business Systems Development and more.
Phillip is the author of books that include “Business Planning Simplified”, “High Impact Low Cost Marketing Strategies for SMEs”. Phillip has trained over 400 business owners and their employees since 2008. He runs the business resources site http://smebusinesslink.com and publishes the monthly BusinessLink magazine, which provides business building insights and opportunities for entrepreneurs who want to accelerate their growth.
Phillip is currently the Chairman of the SME Business Development Committee of the Harare Chamber of Commerce, where he is involved in facilitating training programs for entrepreneurs, among other things.
Fitz is Motivational and Inspirational Speaker, Sales and Marketing trainer with 17 years hands on experience in the field.He has worked with Art Corporation, Webolutions, LASOF Leadership Institute, City Angels, SME Business Link, Big Ideas Events and The Occasion Magazine.
As an author he has participated in two international writing competitions contributing 100 articles in 100 days to www.ezinearticles.com in two consecutive writing marathons. He is a blogger on http://www.powerthought4today.wordpress.com.He is currently building a direct selling business in the perfume and personal care categories.
With hands on experience in marketing and selling, Christine has been involved in helping businesses improve and attain customer service excellence since 2010. Her current clients include the multi-awards winning Integrated Properties (Pvt) Ltd ( www.intpro.co.zw), Passion Press (Pvt)Ltd, among others.