As an entrepreneur you are a leader. SME business owners daily organize resources and people to achieve common goals. That is leadership.
Some people are capable of being leaders, but they would rather be followers in most of the situations they face.
As you build your vision and follow your passion here are ten leadership quotes to fuel your personal inspiration.
- The fact that other people may have failed in one area does not mean you will too. Count yourself fortunate to have access to how others failed because you now know how not to fail.- Rabison Shumba
- 2. Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others. — Jack Welch
- 3. Leaders think and talk about the solutions. Followers think and talk about the problems. ― Brian Tracy
- 4. Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- 5. ‘Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.’– Dwight D. Eisenhower
- 6. ‘We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit’. –Aristotle
- 7. ‘There is only one boss, the customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else’- Sam Walton
- 8. ‘My people, perish for lack of knowledge: In business if you are not informed you will perish.’ –Strive Masiyiwa
- “As long as there are games to play, it is not over.” – Sir Alex Ferguson
- ‘ A great attitude becomes a great day which becomes a great month which becomes a great year which becomes a great life.’ –Mandy Hale
Phillip Chichoni is the founder of Admiral Business Systems, a firm which provides business development consultancy and training. He is the author of books that include Business Planning Simplified and High Impact Low Cost Marketing Strategies for SMEs and publisher of BusinessLink Magazine. You can contact him for all your business plans, company and PBC registration, marketing advice, tax consultancy and accounting, his email is firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://smebusinesslink.com.
If you liked this article, please forward it to your friends and contacts that may benefit from it. To join the mailing list, just send an email with SUBSCRIBE on the subject line to email@example.com.
NB1: Zimra is charging US$30 per day as penalty if you have not submitted your ITF16 by the deadline of 30 January, 2014. Follow this link for more details, http://smebusinesslink.com/2014/03/03/penalty-late-submission-of-tax-returns-statutory-instrument-97-of-2013/
NB2: We are holding the following business workshops in March: Step by Step Guide to Starting a Business in Zimbabwe -12 March, Writing an Effective Business Plan-13 March & Marketing and Selling Strategy for Solid Results- 14 March. For detailed information, please visit http://smebusinesslink.com/2014/03/03/6738/
NB3: Business guide books available, go to http://smebusinesslink.com/businesslink-resources/