Home » NEWSLETTER » CRISP THINKING NEEDED IN THE WAR ZONE

CRISP THINKING NEEDED IN THE WAR ZONE

Categories

Archives

Blog Stats

  • 70,924 hits

Follow us on LinkedIn

Blog Stats

  • 70,924 hits
Follow SME BUSINESSLINK COMMUNITY on WordPress.com

Categories

BusinessLink Newsletter 25 September 2013

 By Phil Chichoni

named-hurricane-fran

Blackberry maker, RIM of Canada, is shedding thousands of jobs after running a billion dollar loss. Nokia phones division has been acquired by Microsoft after failing to keep up in the mobile phones war. Plunging global mineral prices are forcing many South African mining firms to scale down or close. In Zimbabwe, ZESA loading shedding continues scuttling industrial and economic recovery. Liquidity crisis is putting many firms’ viability at risk.

Wherever your look, there is no shortage of bad news.  If you are in business you know it is war out there. For entrepreneurs, crisp thinking is needed if one wants to thrive in the war zone. It is easy to get distracted and become bogged down by the problems and stresses.

It is said that 95% of the people are thinking of problems. The other 5% are all entrepreneurs, thinking of solutions. In which group are you?

Entrepreneurs need to stay focused on their mission, their goals and objectives. Don’t spend too much of your time reading, watching or discussing bad news. It is a distraction and consumes your energy without any productivity. Focus on growing your business, improving your products and services and giving more value to your customers.

Distractions lead to inaction, which slows down your progress on the road to success.

Learn to put first things first. In the eBook “Living the Seven Habits”, entrepreneur and motivational speaker Stephen Covey urges people who want to be effective to learn to “Make the main thing the main thing.” This means in all the choices we face and the decision we have to make daily, the most important things are put first. That means knowing your priorities and putting those first. This requires a clear mind and crisp thinking amid all the distractions.

Share your thoughts on this topic here or reply to this email. And don’t forget to share this newsletter with friends and colleagues.

Best wishes in accelerating your growth.

This Newsletter is sent to people who are subscribed to the BusinessLink mailing list. To be removed from this list please reply to this email with UNSUBSCRIBE on the subject line.

Visit our website for more resources http://smebusinesslink.com

 

PS: The BusinessLink CEOs luncheon is on Friday 4th of October with the Managing Director of Steward Bank, Mr Ngwenya. If you are a CEO of a growing company interested in attending and have not received an invitation by Friday 27 September, please send me an email.

Advertisements

1 Comment

  1. There’s enough problems and bad news but there is not enough innovators and thinkers.
    We need to setup positivity support teams to help the people wean themselves of the eye for negatives

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: